Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christopher Darren Horn

Hello and Happy Saturday!

I wish to thank Liorah Lleucu/Myfanwy for her very interesting and enjoyable interview of last week. Thank you so much for sharing with us!

Today we have a new interview so please welcome Christopher Darren Horn. Christopher is a Noahide and I know you'll enjoy his interview as well!

Here Is Christopher Darren Horn's Introduction:


I am an ex christian. I had a strange series of events that caused me to rethink my ideas about G_D, my place in this great creation and what we can do to make it better. I don't try to push others into believing what I do, because frankly, I wouldn't know where to start. LOL. You can, if you want, go to this link; http://www.nightghost.ws/2009/06/old-post-strange-happenings.html, and read about some of the strangeness, but that is not nearly all of it. I guess, I would be a searcher of truth more than anything else. I believe in Hashem and what he has taught and will teach me. I'll stuff as much as I can in the ol' 'noggin.

Yes, if it is ok, my blog/website is at http://www.nightghost.ws. I just title it "Ponderings and Other Things from the Nightghost"


1) What religion do you practice?
I guess I would be classified as a Noahide.

2) Are you a convert/revert or were you raised within this religion? If you converted, what did you need to do to convert? And what did you practice prior to converting?
I think, I could be called a convert. Strangely, I was shown this by a weird series of events. I was not raised within this "religion" I used to be christian.

3)Within your religion are there degrees of observance (ie. Orthodox,conservative, moderate, liberal)? What are the defining differences between the degrees of observance?
I don't see there being degrees of observance and the acquisition of knowledge of creation, to me seems to be the defining characteristic.

4)Within your religion what degree of observance are you ((ie. Orthodox,conservative, moderate, liberal) ? Why did you choose this degree of observance?
I am always looking to learn something new and meet others and hear their opinions and ways of doing things, I would think it is not about degrees of observance as it is about trying to find the truth.

5)What is the Afterlife within your religion? For example: what happens when a person dies? Are there places for reward/punishment? (such as a Heaven/Hell concept)
I am not sure, I guess I'll leave that question to the philosophers, LOL!!

6) In your opinion, does everyone make it into heaven/paradise? If they do not, why?
I have no idea, but I would like to hope, evil is punished and good is rewarded.

7) What makes your religion a good fit for you?
The constant learning, any kind of learning and the desire to see everyone have that chance.

8) What are your holy days and what do you do to celebrate them?
I guess I would have to say, any day I am alive is holy, to me, LOL.

9) Do you consider people of other faiths to be your friends?
Yes, I like to learn about other faiths, some are really strange, but no reason we cannot be friends.

10) Would you ever join people of another faith to celebrate one of their holy days? Please explain why?
Sure I would. It would be interesting to see.

11) What are your thoughts on the burka, and Shariah Law?
I think if someone wants to wear a burka, it is ok, but I do not like Shariah Law, it seems way too restrictive for my tastes.

12) Are women allowed to hold religious office (priest, minister, rabbi, iman etc) in your religion and how do you feel about it?
Yep, they sure can. I hold women in high regard. They are much better at everything, just ask my wife, she'll tell you so.

13) Does your place of worship segregate? If yes, how does this make you feel?
Nope, no segregation. Unless she wants to. Then I leave her alone (I don't like pain, LOL).

14) How much does your religion affect your daily life and how much thought do you give it when making a decision? Does it affect in any way your decision on abortion, gay marriage, etc?
I really don't know. I don't like the idea of aborting a little baby, it is a hard thought. Concerning gay marriage, sure let them marry, as long as I can have more than one wife, that would be cool, maybe!

15) How would you react/feel if your child wished to marry outside your religion?
That would depend on the religion, but if it makes my child happy and doesn't involve hurting others, beating them on the head, or scaring them into accepting it, it is ok with me.

16) In your opinion, if someone is not of your faith, will they go to hell?
I think everyone will learn, not hell, but sometimes, you have to learn the hard way

17) Who do you think is not a practicing ----- in your religion and why? ie who in the public domain claims to speak for your religion? Do you agree with them or not?
I don't think I see anyone in the public domain who is a Noahide, so can't really answer.

18) Have you ever been the target of a hate crime? Please explain.
Yes, my wife hates it when I act stupid and gets mad at me. I thought it was ok to leave my cigarette butts on the ground, but I guess not.

19) Do you ever feel like your religion devalues you?
No, as a matter of fact, it has set me free.

20) Does your religion give you peace of mind?
Yes it does. There is a strange mystery in it, because of the ability to reach out and touch all things, the worry is gone.

21) Do you believe in reincarnation? Why or why not?
I believe in it, but only if I get the choice to come back as someone more interesting than myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment