Saturday, January 12, 2013

Fred Hunsberger


Hello and Happy Saturday!

I wish to thank Margaret Bremner for her wonderful interview. I very much enjoyed reading your answers and learning more about your faith. Thank you for sharing with us Margaret!

Today we have a new interview so please welcome Fred Hunsberger. Fred is a Shaman and I know you will enjoy his interview as well!

Here Is Fred Hunsberger's Introduction:


Raised in a small town in a modern Mennonite context. Left that church for a broader contact and went to Unitarian services to Buddhism to Unity to preferring no church. During the visiting of different churches I did Landmark Education's Curriculum for living, I studied advanced energy healing, attended holo tropic breath works, did psychotherapy, practiced integrated breath works, meditating guided meditations and ceremonies with an Algonquin clan and a shaman / traveler from South America I also lived in intentional community using systems thinking to assess and acknowledge our experience of living and living together.

These days I'm into Improv and contact improv dance, very liberating!

My blog is not active but it's here, http://ravenblackwater.wordpress.com



1) What religion do you practice?
None, I do practice spirituality for lack of a better word, Shamanism is the closest descriptor.

2) Are you a convert/revert or were you raised within this religion? If you converted, what did you need to do to convert? And what did you practice prior to converting?
I went from my families Mennonite church to Unitarian to Buddhism to Unity to preferring no church. During the visiting of different churches I did Landmark Education's Curriculum for living, I studied advanced energy healing, attended holo tropic breath works, did psychotherapy, practiced integrated breath works, meditating guided meditations and ceremonies with an Algonquin clan and a shaman / traveler from South America I also lived in intentional community using systems thinking to assess and acknowledge our experience of living and living together.

Improv dance is what I'm into now which leaves the door open for all of the above.

3)Within your religion are there degrees of observance (ie. Orthodox,conservative, moderate, liberal)? What are the defining differences between the degrees of observance?
Yes connecting with myself / higher spirit is variable day to day but helpful to connect with like minded people.

4)Within your religion what degree of observance are you ((ie. Orthodox,conservative, moderate, liberal) ? Why did you choose this degree of observance?
I like the flexibility!

5)What is the Afterlife within your religion? For example: what happens when a person dies? Are there places for reward/punishment? (such as a Heaven/Hell concept)
The ego is shattered and the soul continues to travel.

Personal energy is still evident in space and time (what we are experiencing now)

6) In your opinion, does everyone make it into heaven/paradise? If they do not, why?
I don't have insight on this.

7) What makes your religion a good fit for you?
Me

8) What are your holy days and what do you do to celebrate them?
Holy days are days when I touch bliss. About 1 or 2 times a week unless I'm at a dance retreat then more often! camping or making love. I'm single ;)

I also enjoy observing solstice and equinox and know communities that will celebrate / honor those days

9) Do you consider people of other faiths to be your friends?
Only if they are friendly

10) Would you ever join people of another faith to celebrate one of their holy days? Please explain why?
To learn or for potluck, yes!

11) What are your thoughts on the burka, and Shariah Law?
I believe they are related to sacred symbols but perverted. This sort of thing is a typical of religions.

12) Are women allowed to hold religious office (priest, minister, rabbi, iman etc) in your religion and how do you feel about it?
Man, Woman, transexual, gay lesbian what ever.

13) Does your place of worship segregate? If yes, how does this make you feel?
No segregation, people would have different reasons for doing this, I don't see any good reason to segregate unless you are making volleyball teams or something!

14) How much does your religion affect your daily life and how much thought do you give it when making a decision? Does it affect in any way your decision on abortion, gay marriage, etc?
Sigh, I am able to make my own decisions.

15) How would you react/feel if your child wished to marry outside your religion?
I understand we will have different life experiences, hurrah!

16) In your opinion, if someone is not of your faith, will they go to hell?
Most people already are enduring a living hell, death may be a relief!

17) Who do you think is not a practicing ----- in your religion and why? ie who in the public domain claims to speak for your religion? Do you agree with them or not?
Many people in the new age movement are similarly inclined, traditional religious people are generally not so inclined. There are a ton of authorities / authors on spirituality shamanism, Much of the time I find insight and common experience.

18) Have you ever been the target of a hate crime? Please explain.
Not directly

19) Do you ever feel like your religion devalues you?
Nope, quite the opposite

20) Do you believe in reincarnation? Why or why not?
It might go something like this, my spirit joins with the divine and the energy may reorganize and live another experience



No comments:

Post a Comment